Monday, January 14, 2013

Five Minutes With Winnie Detwa

She made a decision a little while ago that left many fans with questions. That decision was to remove her head cover or "Hijab".

This is not something I am going to address in this interview because this is no place to judge others as we are all human but behind all this is a girl who admires fashion with all her heart and that's exactly what we're here to talk to her about

Here's five minutes with 5 short Q & A with Winnie Detwa...

I've been following you since you started as Modscarfie. What drove you to this industry?
 It was always a hobby, but growing up, I was always told that fashion could only be a hobby- and nothing more (since I would have to go to school to enter a profession). I never thought that the blog would grow as huge as it has, and now my hobby has become a priority.




What's Winnie Detwa like away from the world of fashion, blogging and vloggin? 
Same exact girl. There's nothing that I hold back from my followers. You can usually bump into me, being alone, with my notebook, coffee, and tea. I'm actually not as loud as I may seem either.
 Two year goal? 5 ? 10? 
I see myself in New York. Not sure what I will doing, but that's what I see myself doing. No matter what it takes.
 Have you always been a turbunator? what about the turban makes you always going back to it? 
Well, I used to wear the hijab (the authentic Islamic wear), and now that I do not, I still do wear the turban from time to time.
 Ask yourself a question and answer it! Something you feel you'd like to tell your fans. 
One word of advice? Follow your dreams, no matter what they may be.

xoxo
Ndaa

No comments:

Post a Comment