Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sweet + Modesty = Sadeel Allam

Sadeel combines sweetness and modesty into drops of amazingness!

Ndaa Talks Fashion got a few one on one questions with fashion blogger Sadeel Allam of sweet modesty...Pretty much the sweetest blogger I've never met but hopefully, we cross paths one day

How did Sadeel jump on this Sweet Modesty fashion blogging wagon? 
It all started through FB and one day I received a posting on the page from LabellaIman that I should start my own blog. I gave it a thought and said, ok, why not?
 Have you always had a love for fashion?
Oh yes! I wouldn't call it love but appreciation and admiration for the talent of others. It is a gift. Some have it and others don't, but they(we) try. I always say you can tell a lot about the designer through their work.
Sadeel Allam Sketch
You once posted pictures of a few of your sketches?!?! Do you ever see yourself putting those designs on the runway?
Yes I did! Lol. I don't see them on the big runways, maybe private shows I might do to showcase the clothing, but more importantly InshaAllah one day I would love to see them on women.
What's keeping you from getting your designs out there? (p.s can you send me one of those sketches for me to post with the blog post?)
I think the answer is Allah and the second is life events. 
Where do you get your inspirations for your designs?
I get it from the desire to serve my community and Allah through doing something that can contribute towards it and through an internal drive. I think when people wear your clothing to pray, you get reward from it and it feels good.
Favorite designers?
I don't have a favorite designer as I don't have a favorite color. My taste changes with the weather. One day I am into something and the next day it's like what was I thinking? I like a bit of everything, from local designers, target and luxury labels. I am all over the place.
What kind of mood do you put yourself in when you sit down to sketch a design (for example, any common rituals like specific background music, environment, coffee on the side, etc...?)
When designing, it's a feeling that just comes when it comes. I could be sitting outside, riding in the car or falling asleep and I start getting the feeling to sketch ideas that come to my head and if I don't do it at the moment, I forget.
Why Sweet Modesty?
Modesty is what the page and blog is all about. Sweet, refers to the women I have met since I came into Islam. That is what they all have been to me, sweet.
Where do you see your fashion career in 10 years?
InshaAllah, I see myself taking Sweet Modesty to other grounds that are helpful to the women looking for modesty and maybe my own line of clothing.
Create your own interview question and answer   :)
Ok, this is interesting. LOL. I had to pause on that one. Here it goes: If you could live in a different time era which one would it be? I would have like to witness from 1800's to the 1920's for their dresses and the femininity. 

Be sure to check out Sadeel Allam's blog for the most updated fashion posts from all over the world @ www.sweetmodesty.com


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Ndaa for this opportunity. It was fun and I really enjoyed it! May our paths cross soon<3

    ReplyDelete